This article describes how to configure OneLogin to provision users to Clarizen. You perform the entire setup in OneLogin.
- Log into OneLogin as a Super User or Account Owner and go to Apps > Company Apps > Clarizen.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Under the API Connection section, put your admin credentials in the Admin Username and Admin Password fields.
- Click Connect.
A green Connected status will show a successful connection.
Still inside the Clarizen connector, do the following:
- Select the Provisioning tab.
- Select Enable provisioning for Clarizen.
- Choose which provisioning actions require administrator approval.
For any action you select, a OneLogin administrator must go to Users > Provisioning and manually approve each action for provisioning to complete. Clear these options if you want OneLogin to provision new users and user updates to Clarizen without administrative approval.
- Select what happens to a user in Clarizen when that user is deleted from OneLogin.
Choose between Delete, Suspend, or Do Nothing.
- Click Save.
To confirm that provisioning from OneLogin to Clarizen is working, add a user to OneLogin and go to Users > Provisioning to approve the provisioning event, if necessary. When the user is marked as Provisioned, go to Clarizen and confirm that the new user has been added.