These steps will guide you through setting up Google Authenticator as an authentication factor for OneLogin.
- You have downloaded Google Authenticator onto your mobile device.
- Your administrator has enabled Google Authenticator as an authentication method for the account.
Note: If OTP is required for all users and a user is under that security policy, the user will be prompted to register the device at the first successful login.
To register Google Authenticator as a user, do the following:
- Go to the corner menu and select Profile > Security.
- In the Security page, select the plus sign ‘+’ to add a new authentication factor.
- Select Google Authentication from the dropdown menu.
- Scan the barcode presented on screen.
- Input the security code generated by Google Authenticator and click Continue.
Remember that the security code is only valid as long as its displayed.
- Your registered device will appear under Authentication Devices in the security page, with the attributed credential ID.
Confirm with your administrator how the OTP policy for users is set, whether its for every single login attempt or only for browsers unknown to the user account.
- Upon logging in, the user will be prompted for a 6-character security code generated by Google Authenticator.
- Enter the Security Code.
- Click Log In.
And with that, the user will be logged in and their Google Authenticator MFA successfully configured.