Our powerful branding options allow you to customize various aspects of OneLogin so that it mirrors your brand’s logo and colors, integrates with your help desk, and matches the your organization's look and feel. Specifically, you can customize the following.
- Banner, logo, and UI element colors
- Login screen image and help text
- Notification email templates
- User invitation templates
- Support button
- Error messages
To configure branding, go to Settings > Branding and toggle Custom Branding on, which will reveal the options below:
Subdomain - In order to make it clear to your users that they are logging into your organization's OneLogin account, you must claim a subdomain to identify the login URL as yours. For example, if your company is called Acme, you could use the subdomain acme and provide your users with the login URL acme.onelogin.com. You can also brand your login page with your own logo and colors to give it a distinct visual identity.
Logo Uploader - The uploader lets you preview how your logo appears on the top Navigation bar and the form banner on the login screen. We recommend that you work with your marketing and design department to choose a landscape-oriented version of your logo or brand mark. The maximum file size is 1MB.
This is how the logo will appear on the top Navigation bar:
Color Scheme - Selecting the color scheme for your custom branding page is simple as well. We've embedded a powerful color picker into the application to allow endless chromatic options:
- Primary Color - This is color will be applied to the top Navigation bar as well as the top banner of the login form. We recommend that if your logo is white or in a light ton, it will look the best against a dark background. For a darker logo, it will look best on a lighter color background. You can use the color picker to manually select a color or enter the hex code if available.
- Accent Color - This color will be applied to all the Call-to-Action buttons on each page, for instance, the "New App" button on App Home page. In OneLogin’s case, we could choose to use a darker shade of our brand blue color for the top Navigation bar while using our brand blue for the buttons. All is done using the color picker!
Smart Color Logic - This is a nice piece magic that we added to work in the background. This algorithm turns the default white menu label color to dark grey when you change the top bar background color from dark to light. For instance, if OneLogin chooses to use a lighter color for the top bar background, the menu label color will go from white to black. This ensures that you always have an attractive and readable interface:
Additional Branding options
Login Screen tab- Here you'll find options to customize elements found on the login screen and how users sign into OneLogin.
- Custom Login Label: The text that appears in the top field on the OneLogin login form indicates the kind of login ID your users must use (Email, User Name, User ID, etc.). By default, this text is derived from the authentication attribute configured for your account, and changes dynamically depending on the directories integrated with your account and the authentication attributes specified for those directories. For example, if your directories use
userName, the text is "Username" by default. Confusion can arise, however, if your directories use a combination of
email,because OneLogin uses the default text "Email" in that case. To avoid confusion in this scenario, you can select Custom Label and enter any text you want. All users will see the same login ID label.
- Background Image: The login screen background is customizable. You can add a backdrop that resonates with your brand. We recommend an image formatted to 2560x1600 pixels, with a size of less than 5MB. There is also a masking color option to allow your image a light shade of black or any other color to allow for a potential contrast for the login form.
- Login Help: Provide login instructions to your users! Any text here will available for users looking for instructions on how to login to your organization's OneLogin sign-in page.
- Password Help Instructions: Customize the password help link and text that appears when a user clicks it in order to reset their password on the sign-in page.
- Recipient Email Field: The email type specified here (work, personal, etc.) will be the required email address when a user resets their password. If they do not enter the correct address for type specified, the reset confirmation email will not be sent.
Emails tab - OneLogin provides you with a customizable CSS email template that can be used for all outgoing email messages from the account administrator to their users, for instance when sending out announcements and notifications. You can also view a preview of your templated emails.
Invites tab - Like the custom email template that you can configure on the Emails tab, this tab provides a variety of options for invitational messages which can be changed depending on the type of user. For details, see Inviting Users.
Support tab - Enabling the support button feature adds a help option to the User profile menu and the login page that allows users to send support requests to a custom email address. You can also provide a custom support instructions.This is useful when you handle support for your own users.
The Support tab also lets you customize certain error messages so that your end users understand the error and know what to do. See Customizing Error Messages.