To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Tinfoil Security using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Tinfoil Security. Click Add.
- In the Add Tinfoil Security screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your Tinfoil Security Account ID into the Account ID field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy either the Issuer URL (Easier) or HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints and SHA-1 fingerprint under Security-->SAML (Harder) to the clipboard for use in Tinfoil Security later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default NameID value of email or username/email name part depending on what you will use as the Tinfoil Security SSO credential.
Harder Option - Step 1:
Harder Option - Step 2:
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Tinfoil Security.
In Tinfoil Security, do the following:
- In the top right corner, click My Account.
- Select Security.
- Check the Enable SAML checkbox.
- If you copied the Issuer URL, paste it in to the SAML Metadata URL field under Automatic Configuration.
- If you copied the HTTP Endpoint URL and SHA-1 fingerprint, select Manual Configuration and paste the values in.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Tinfoil Security.
- Click the Tinfoil Security icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Tinfoil Security.
If you're not using the same Email or Username in Tinfoil Security as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Tinfoil Security application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Notice that the User ID field is blank. This is because it's defaulting to the User ID parameter.
- To use a different User ID with Tinfoil Security, type it in the User ID field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Tinfoil Security icon.