To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Mindflash using SAML, follow those steps. You will need to contact Mindflash at firstname.lastname@example.org to turn on SSO. Provide them the the Metadata file and x.509 certificate you'll download later.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Mindflash. Click Add.
- In the Add Mindflash screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your Mindflash subdomain into the Subdomain field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL into a new browser tab. Provide the XML file that is downloaded to Mindflash. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username value of email or something equivalent to email to use as Mindflash's credential.
- Navigate to Security>SAML and select to download x.509 certificate in .pem format.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Mindflash.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Mindflash.
- Click the Mindflash icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Mindflash.
If you're not using the same Username in Mindflash as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Mindflash application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type in the new Username and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Mindflash icon.
- You're done!