To configure OneLogin to sign in users into WatchDox using SAML, follow those steps. You will need to contact WatchDox to turn on SSO. Provide them the the Metadata file you'll download later.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for WatchDox. Click Add.
- Type your WatchDox Server URL and Audience into their respective fields within the Configuration tab. WatchDox will provide you with these exact values.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL into a new browser tab. Provide the XML file that is downloaded to WatchDox. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username value of email or something equivalent to email to use as the WatchDox credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to WatchDox.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of WatchDox.
- Click the WatchDox icon on your dashboard. This should log you into WatchDox.
If you're not using the same Username in WatchDox as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the WatchDox application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type in the new Username and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the WatchDox icon.
- You're done!