To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Benevity using SAML, follow those steps. You'll need to contact Benevity to turn on the SAML functionality. It may involve paying a fee to turn it on.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Benevity Click Add.
- In the Add Benevity screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL.
- Navigate to the Issuer URL in the browser. You will download a metadata file. Provide that to Benevity.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Benevity.
In Benevity, do the following:
- In the Attribute Mapping section enter the IdP value as email or username.
- Save the settings.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Benevity.
- Click the Benevity icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Benevity.
If you're not using the same Email in Benevity as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Benevity application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type a different email in the Email field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Benevity icon.