To configure OneLogin to sign in users into LogicMonitor using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for LogicMonitor. Click Add.
- In the Add LogicMonitor screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your LogicMonitor subdomain into the Subdomain field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL. Open the link in a new browser tab and save the OneLogin Metadata file for use in LogicMonitor. Select Configured by admin and choose a default value for Email.
- You can select a Role that is based on a custom user field or leave it blank to just land in a default role. This would be for users who do not exist in LogicMonitor.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to LogicMonitor.
In LogicMonitor, do the following:
- Navigate to https://subdomain.logicmonitor.com/santaba/uiv2/setting/ssosettings....
- Check Enable Single Sign-on.
- Upload the OneLogin Metadata file you downloaded earlier into the Identity Provider Metadata File field.
- Select a Default Role Assignment for users created in LogicMonitor via SAML.
- Click Save changes to save the setting.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of LogicMonitor.
- Click the LogicMonitor icon on your dashboard. This should log you into LogicMonitor.
If you're not using the same Email in LogicMonitor as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the LogicMonitor application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Enter is a new value in the Email field.
- Click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the LogicMonitor icon.
- You're done!