To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Service Desk Plus using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Service Desk Plus. Click Add.
- In the Add Service Desk Plus screen select for the app to be used by the Organization. Press Continue.
- Type your Service Desk Plus domain into the domain field within the Configuration tab. Type either subdomain.sdpondemand.manageengine.com or your own domain in the form of helpdesk.yourdomain.com.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints to the clipboard for use in Service Desk Plus later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Email value of email or something equivalent to email to use as the Service Desk Plus credential. Download your public RSA Key for use in Service Desk Plus later.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Service Desk Plus.
In Service Desk Plus, do the following:
- Navigate to SAML Configuration.
- In the SAML Configuration enter the HTTP Endpoint you copied earlier as the Login URL. Enter https://app.onelogin.com/client/apps as the Logout URL. Upload the Public RSA Key you copied earlier as the certificate and select RSA under algorithm.
- Press Submit to save the configuration.
- Finally configure the subdomain or custom domain you entered in the configuration in OneLogin to match the Domain Mapping. You can do this in Admin>Self-Service portal settings.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Service Desk Plus.
- Click the Service Desk Plus icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Service Desk Plus.
If you're not using the same Email in Service Desk Plus as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Service Desk Plus application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Type a new email into the Email field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Service Desk Plus icon.