To configure OneLogin to sign in users into RightScale using SAML, follow those steps. Also you will need to request for RightScale to enable the single sign-on functionality.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for RightScale. Click Add.
- In the Add RightScale screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints and the Issuer URL to to send to RightScale. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username value of email or something equivalent to use as the RightScale credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to RightScale.
- Finally, navigate to Security>SAML. Copy the x.509 Certificate including the Begin and End Certificate portions to send to RightScale.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of RightScale.
- Click the RightScale icon on your dashboard. This should log you into RightScale.
If you're not using the same Username in RightScale as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the RightScale application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Notice that the RightScale field is blank. This is because it's defaulting to the Username parameter.
- To use a different username with RightScale, type it in the Username field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the RightScale icon.