To configure OneLogin to sign in users into KnowledgeTree using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for KnowledgeTree. Click Add.
- In the Add Knowledge ree screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your KnowledgeTree subdomain into the Subdomain field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints to the clipboard for use in Knowledge Tree later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username value of email or something equivalent to use as the Knowledge Tree credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to KnowledgeTree.
In KnowledgeTree, do the following:
- In the top , click Settings.
- Click the Security & Authentication button on the left and then select SSO Identity Providers.
- Complete the fields SSO Logout URL as https://app.onelogin.com/client/apps.
- In the field Login URL and SAML Endpoint (HTTP), paste the SAML HTTP Endpoint you previously copied into your clipboard.
- In OneLogin, click Security then SAML and copy the Certificate including the Begin and End portions. Paste that into the field Certificate Key.
- Enable SAML SSO by checking On under Enable.
- Click Save Provider to save the settings.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of KnowledgeTree.
- Click the Knowledge Tree icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Knowledge Tree.
If you're not using the same Username in Knowledge Tree as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Knowledge Tree application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- Notice that the KnowledgeTree field is blank. This is because it's defaulting to the Username parameter.
- To use a different username with Knowledge Tree, type it in the Username field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the KnowledgeTree icon.