To configure OneLogin to sign in users into IdeaScale using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for IdeaScale. Click Add.
- In the Add IdeaScale screen select for the app to be used by the Organization and select SAML 2.0 for the Connector Version. Press Continue.
- Type your IdeaScale instance into the Instance field within the Configuration tab.
- Go to the SAML Issuer URL and download the XML Metadata file. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Email value of email or something equivalent to use as the IdeaScale credential.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to IdeaScale.
In IdeaScale, do the following:
- In IdeaScale, navigate to Single Signon Settings.
- Select SAML 2.0.
- Paste the XML Metadata file into the SAML IdP Metadata field.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of IdeaScale.
- Click the IdeaScale icon on your dashboard. This should log you into IdeaScale.
If you're not using the same Username in IdeaScale as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the IdeaScale application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- To use a different username with IdeaScale, type it in the Email field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the IdeaScale icon.