To configure OneLogin to sign in users into Panopto using SAML, follow those steps.
In OneLogin, do the following:
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Find apps and search for Panopto. Click Add. Press Continue.
- Type your Panopto URL (e.g. company.hosted.panopto.com) into the Panopto URL field within the Configuration tab.
- Under the Single Sign-on tab copy the Issuer URL and the HTTP Endpoint under SAML Endpoints to the clipboard for use in Panopto later. Set the credentials to Configured by admin and select a default Username value of email or something equivalent to email to use as Panopto's credential. Also choose a First Name, Last Name, and Email value.
- Under the Access Control tab choose which roles will have access to Panopto.
In Panopto, do the following (note it is suggested that you contact Panopto support for assistance):
- Log into Panopto with an administrator account.
- Expand the System menu and select "Identity Providers."
- Click the App Provider link.
- Select Provider Type of SAML and name the Instance and Description as appropriate.
- In the field Bounce Page URL, paste the SAML HTTP Endpoint you previously copied into your clipboard.
- In the field Issuer, paste the Issuer URL you previously copied into your clipboard.
- In OneLogin, click Security then SAML and copy the x.509 certificate including the Begin and End Certificate portions. Paste that into the field Public Key in Panopto.
- In Attibute Mappings paste Email=email;LastName=lastname;FirstName=firstname
- Click Save to save the setting.
To test do the following:
- Login to OneLogin.
- Make sure you are logged out of Panopto.
- Click the Panopto icon on your dashboard. This should log you into Panopto.
If you're not using the same Username in Panopto as in OneLogin, do the following:
- Click Apps, then Company Apps.
- Edit the Panopto application.
- Navigate to the Logins tab.
- Locate your user and click Edit.
- To use a different username with Panopto, type it in the Username field and click Update.
- Navigate to the portal and re-test by clicking the Panopto icon.