The following steps will guide you through configuring SAML based Single Sign-On for SuccessFactors.
Setting Up OneLogin
- In OneLogin, navigate to Apps > Add Apps.
- Search for SuccessFactors, a SAML2.0 connector, and select it.
- You may edit the Display Name. Select SAML 2.0 for the connector version and click continue.
- You may configure the app as needed. Your unique account name must be added to the Company field on the Configuration page. You will need to request this from SuccessFactors - this can also be found in the "SAML 2.0 Customer Setup Info" documentation that is sent from SuccessFactors to clients that are configuring Single Sign-On. Within that document there is a Consumer Service URL with the following format: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/saml2/SAMLAssertionConsumer?company=CompanyValueHere
- Select the Parameters tab.
- Ensure the Credentials are set to Configured by Admin, select "Email name part" in the Default Values menu, and Update. The SAML Issuer and SAML Login URLs will be used in the following steps.
- Contact SuccessFactors to request enabling the Single Sign-On Functionality.
- SuccessFactors will require you to send them 3 pieces of information from the SSO tab:
- Metadata File:
- Acquired by placing the Issuer URL into the browser and downloading the file.
- Sign-in page URL:
- The SAML2.0 Endpoint (HTTP) Url
- Sign-out page URL: https://app.onelogin.com/client/apps
Username being passed to SuccessFactors is all lowercase and is the "name" part of the users email address in OneLogin. Please let SuccessFactors know that this is the format that the username will be sent in.
If you have any questions or need assistance please send an email to us at email@example.com